As you're aware, games and practices were paused by the GGHA board up to and including January 2nd. The Board met tonight to discuss the return to play plan despite the lack of communication from the province regarding pending provincial mandates. We are anticipating that the Province of Ontario will make an announcement later this week on the status of students returning to school, which may impact our ability to move forward. The bottom line is we want to get our girls back on the ice while making sure everyone is safe.
Here's our tentative plan, pending any further restrictions from the province:
- Ice time will resume on Jan 3. Teams that have sufficient healthy players can proceed with games and practices
- Games are not to be played until the participating team has had at least one practice
- Non-players (i.e. parents, siblings, family) should be kept to an absolute minimum. Maximum one adult in the arena per child and if your player can get her gear on herself or get help from a Den Mom (i.e. U13 and up), non-players should stay outside until 5 minutes before the ice time and leave the rink immediately after. No congregating inside.
- Time spent in change rooms must be minimized. Where possible, players should arrive at the rink fully or partially dressed to minimize time in dressing rooms. Players can alternate time in the room to minimize capacity wherever possible.
- Masks are to be worn at all times and removed as late as possible before stepping on the ice, and should be put back on as soon as possible after exiting the ice.
- Coaches are to wear masks at all times, including while on the ice and while giving instructions.