INTRODUCTION TO THE U9 HOCKEY PROGRAM
Under 9 Program (birth years 2015 & 2016 for the 2023-24 season)
In accordance with Hockey Canada and Ontario Women's Hockey Association guidelines, this program for 7- and 8-year-olds emphasizes skill development with weekly professional-led practices and structured half-ice games.
For more information on the U9 Pathways program click here
All participating players will be required to wear full hockey equipment. Jerseys and socks are included in the cost of the program.
U9 Local League
U9B Development Team
- More competitive than Local League, with additional practice times and access to Jr. Gryphon development sessions at the University of Guelph
- More practices during the week, including regular 6:30am practices (once every 1-2 weeks). Home games will be Sunday afternoons. Away games to be determined, but effort is made to have weekend games, if possible.
- U9B plays half ice games for the first half of the season.
- Fees are accordingly higher than Local League.
- Players are supplied with home and away jerseys and socks; they get to keep the socks.
- League play will start after Thanksgiving. Opposing teams will be identified then.