INTRODUCTION TO THE U9 HOCKEY PROGRAM
Under U11 Program (birth years 2013 & 2014 for the 2023-24 season)
Development is at the core of U11 hockey, with the focus on refining skills so players will experience success in practices and games. U11 hockey should be delivered through a progressive, learn-to-play teaching curriculum that is age-appropriate and skill-specific for 9-10-yearolds. It is a continuous opportunity for young players to develop and refine fundamental movement skills (skating, turning, acceleration), manipulation skills (shooting, puck control, passing) and overall motor skills (balance, coordination, agility) in a fun and safe environment, promoting skill development through self-confidence.
When players continue on a positive note, they enjoy the game and will go on to have fun playing hockey for many years.
For more information on the U11 Pathways program click here
All participating players will be required to wear full hockey equipment. Jerseys and socks are included in the cost of the program.
U11 Local League
U11A Development teams
- More competitive teams than Local League, with additional practice times and access to Jr. Gryphon development sessions at the University of Guelph
- More practices during the week, including regular 6:30am practices (once every 1-2 weeks). Home games will be generally be Sunday afternoons, although U11A may vary over the season. Away games to be determined, but effort is made to have weekend games, if possible.
- Fees are accordingly higher than Local League.
- Players are supplied with home and away jerseys and socks; they get to keep the socks.
- Scheduling as been delayed until late Sept/ early Oct, with anticipated league play starting in mid-October. Opposing teams will be identified then.